AliGingerRead

GingerRead Reviews

Divergent  - Veronica Roth After the first couple of chapters, I thought I was not going to like Divergent. I was wrong. More reviews on my blog @ http://ginger-read.blogspot.com/Beatrice has spent her life being taught selflessness is the most important quality she can have. She has grown up in the faction known as Abnegation. At the time of the Great Peace, all people divided into factions; Abnegation (selfless), Dauntless (brave), Candor (honest), Erudite (knowledge) or Amity (peaceful). At the age of sixteen everyone must choose a faction. Stay with your own, or transfer. Beatrice doesn't believe she is selfless, it is a struggle everyday to follow the rules. Does she choose to stay with her family or give them up to be true to who she believes she is? And just who is she, really? I'll admit that it took me a while to get used to Roth's writing style. The sentences are short, choppy and straight to the point. There is little fluff when it comes to describing scenery and characters. I guess that gave my imagination an extra boost, however it takes a bit more time to get a grasp on the who and the what.Though, after the first few chapters I was hooked and could not put it down. Stayed up past my bedtime reading, even. I enjoyed watching her take the journey of finding herself and I very much look forward Insurgent.